Good evening friends,
Winter is all about food… that’s a lie, life is all about food! And, this is a simple but delicious meal for all the family, especially in the winter months.
I love a beef stew, my recipe changes slightly almost everytime, and I litrally throw everything together, but this is roughly what I’ve been using the past couple of months.
800g of Beef
4x large Potato (peeled and diced)
4x Carrots (peeled and diced)
2x large onions
2x beef stock cube in 400ml of hot water
2 table spoons of tomato puree
1 tea spoon of each – salt, pepper, paprika and cumin
1 half squeeze of a lemon
I tend to have a few saucepans/frying pans on the go at a time.
- Peel and dice the carrots and potatos, and boil in a large saucepan until soft.
- Dice and fry the beef and onion until tender/soft.
- Defrost the peas
- Stir the beef stock cubes in 400ml of hot water until they disolve
- Add all ingredients, stock mixture, seasoning, and the lemon juice to the large saucepan.
- Put the lid on lightly, lower the heat and let simmer for 1 hour.
The meat and veg will fall apart and warm you through. And a chunk of buttered bread accompanies it nicely.