Good evening friends,
A oldie but a goodie, but who doesn’t love a rice crispy treat?
This is a sweet delight I’ve made, 3 times this year so far (Yes I know we’re only a few weeks in) however, if you have a sweet tooth like myself, this is a quick, easy, and cheap treat.
90g Rice crispies cereal
*If you want to add a little something extra, use 50g of a chocolate of your choice to drizzle over
1. Line a baking tray with grease proof paper, or if you don’t have any, grease the pan with a little oil.
2. Measurement out your rice crispies and pour into a large mixing bowl
3. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over a low heat. Add the marshmallows, stir constantly and fold over to ensure all are equally melted and doesn’t burn in the pan
4. Pour the melted marshmellows into the bowl of cereal and mix vigorously, to coat all of the cereal
5. Once your ingredients are mixed together, pour into the tray and flatten with your spatula/cooking utensil or clean hands.
6. Heat your chocolate either on the hob or in the microwave until melted, and then drizzle over your tray
8. Place your tray in the fridge for 20 minutes, once chilled, cut and enjoy!