Good afternoon all!
Last night whilst watching The Great British Bake off (who’s going to win?!?), I was craving something sweet.
Luckily my bananas had finally ripened, so I thought I’d whip together a little something. I had this recipe in mind for a while and it can be prepared and baked within an hour.
This is my recipe for a quick, easy and scrumptious banana and blueberry loaf.
3 x ripe bananas
150g self raising flour
150g caster sugar
140g unsalted butter at room temperature
2 x medium eggs
1 x tsp baking powder
1 x tsp cinnamon (optional but it does add a lovely warmth)
Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4
1. Line the cake tin with baking parchment.
2. Peel the bananas, and mash them up in a bowl.
3. Mix together the flour, sugar, butter, bananas, eggs, baking powder, cinnamon and blueberries.
4. Pour the mix into the cake tin and bake in the centre of the oven for 40 minutes.
5. The loaf should rise and turn a golden brown.
After 40 minutes, test the middle of the loaf with a skewer until it comes out clean.
6. Once the loaf is baked, leave it to cool, then slice it up and enjoy!
This is a light and delicious dessert that can be eaten warm or cold, and tastes even better with a dollop of custard.
Let me know if you have made this and your opinion!
Have a wonderful Wednesday all!