Good evening friends, I’m in full swing for Autumn, the summer clothes have been packed away, the autumn candles are filling the house with that cosy welcoming scent, and I’m ready to bake! This quick and easy dessert that can be whipped up and ready to serve in an hour.
Ingredients (serves 6-8)
400g blackberries (these were picked from our garden)
55g caster sugar
For the crumble topping
200g plain flour
100g Demerara sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon (optional)
Custard or vanilla ice cream for serving (optional)
What you’ll need
A glass dish
A wooden spoon
1. Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
2. In the glass dish, mix together the washed berries and caster sugar until coated evenly.
3. Rub the butter into the flour to make a light breadcrumb texture.
Add in the demerara sugar and cinnamon until combined and spread onto the berries
4. Bake for 45 mins until golden brown.
5. Leave to cool for 5 minutes before serving, and enjoy!